Learning Korean 101 Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
http://learningkorean101blog.forumotion.com

Learning Korean Consonants Empty Learning Korean Consonants

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:42 pm
Here are what some Duolingo users asked and said when learning about the Korean consonants (Kaka444. “I Have a Question about Korean Alphabet.” Forum | Duolingo, 2017, forum.duolingo.com/comment/16694497.)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi every body.

What is the difference between ㄱ and ㅋ in pronunciation? Which one is more similar to the "g" ?

- Kaka444

I don't know if you've reposted this question onto the Korean discussion stream, but I can answer your question nonetheless. "ㄱ" does sound more like a soft "g" sound but not as strong as in "good" while "ㅋ" sounds more emphasized like a "k" sound. I'd suggest looking at "KoreanPod101" on Youtube on their Hangul video playlist if you'd like to hear a little more on this. Also, since there's no Korean for English speakers stream yet, I'd suggest going on other sites/apps like "HiNative" where you can be able to get answers quickly and better by other learners or Koreans.

- Blahz123

Thank you, what a useful comment :-)

- Kaka444
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did this excerpt from Duolingo forums answer your question(s)? If not, post your questions and allow the community to answer! Best Wishes!  study
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum